Star Wars Galaxies

• jop, server umzug is auch tot für mich :)
    da mach ich vorher nen neuen auf ahazi ;D
    hätt ich glaub ich eh schon...

naja, mal schaun, bis juni hab ich noch zheit, d.h. im mai tu ich mal für einen monat meinen account reviven :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Eine nette Aussage von einem Dev zu einer Frage zum neuen Beastmastersystem:

Brekkee> *telexx* Greetings. I was wonder if this Beast Master profession will be comparable to the first CH that was pre-CU, or the revamped one you released before removing it. I really hope it's the original version. Thanks for bringing it back regardless...

Blixtev> The Beast Master system would beat up and take the lunch money away from the old CH system no matter what era the CH system. The team has done a steallar job creating one of the most in depth systems I've seen in an MMO. Just wait until you see it in action.
    Blixtev> Im excited about it as you can tell =)

--

Man hat die bestehende Anzahl an Expertise Points zur Verfügung. Dass heißt, dass nicht jeder zusätzlich einfach ein vollständiger Bestmaster werden kann. der Beastmaster Tree alleine hat 45 mögliche Punkte. Also ein vollständiger Beastmaster muss alle seine Puntke in den Tree braten und das find ich sehr gut so.

Im Chat wurde sehr stark auf dieses Feature eingegangen und es klingt extrem interessant. Es wird auch non-combat beasts geben wie Zb. ein Trüffelschwein (Was das wohl können mag) ;)

edit: poste später ev den ganzen Dev Chat.

• Zitat

Original von Corv
    Habs nochmal gelesen, stimmt leider. Also geht nur das Inventar an sich.

Naja, kannst ja auf Gorath bleiben - wie gesagt auch dort ist mehr los als noch vor einiger Zeit.

Bin auf Shadowfire :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hier der ganze, wirklich sehr interessante Chat:

Vapor> Hello everyone, my name is David and I am an Associate Producer on Galaxies.
    SOE-Shadowbrak> Good evening all. My name is Travis Hicks; I am a system designer working on the Beast Master system for chapter 6.
    Neif> Hey guys, this is Tim from LucasArts, aka Neif
    Tunso> Hello again everyone, this is Mark Halash. I’m a Game Designer on SWG. This publish I’ve been working on the Expertise portion of the new Beast Mastery system.
    SOE-Loche> Hi everyone! I am Jesse Benjamin (Loche), a game designer.
    DeadMeat> I don't have a real name

Brekkee> *Acera* when is ch 6 coming out?
    DeadMeat> Should be hitting the test center early next week.

Brekkee> *Starbuck1771* what will the chapter gift be?
    Neif> Hey Starbuck, we don't to give it all away yet, but I'll say this: It's a housing decoration with a twist, something new.

Brekkee> *[Naritus]Aedales* It was said on the forums the Beastmaster will be something everyone has but needs to spend Expertise on. Is this true and if so do we have to use our current expertise or do we get a couple of more points to add?
    Tunso> Beast Mastery will require a significant portion of your expertise points in order to get the most out of it. There’s two main branches, one for creating and engineering pets and another that deals solely with pet combat.
    Tunso> The entire tree will take up all 45 of your current expertise points. However, if you only go down on side of the tree you will have some points left over to buy expertise in other areas of your class.

Brekkee> *stiba* a question id like put forward please: The past year we've seen alot of changes within SWG but so little content,are we to see any expansions coming our way this year?
    LECjneri> No expansions are planned for this year, but plenty of chapters are stiba

Brekkee> *Kye* How will mounts be handled in the new system?
    SOE-Loche> You will take the expertise to train mounts; you then mark an egg as a mount. You then sell that egg to other players if you wish.

Brekkee> *Shadaw* How long is the hatching process?
    SOE-Shadowbrak> *Zeta* You can rename your pet at any time via a radial menu option. A pet that your currently have will need to be converted to DNA and taken through the Incubation process.

Brekkee> *Jiwarri* Will we be able to chose the color of the pet, like bio-engineers under the old system could?
    SOE-Loche> Yes, you can color your pet during incubation.

Brekkee> *DalakG* what will story teller actually do?
    SOE-Shadowbrak> *DalakG* Storyteller is an enhancement on our player event perks. Through this system you can place NPC’s with storyteller determined levels, names and loot items, various props and even special particle effects.

Brekkee> *Fariq_Asaka* Is the Rebel Themepark still scheduled for 6 and what info can you give us about it?
    SOE-Loche> Oh and on the color, your pets color will have significance
    Blixtev> Still on track for an updated Rebel themepark, hopefully y'all will enjoy the new quest content! No details beyond play it out.

Brekkee> *Kye* What type of pet specials can we look forward to?
    SOE-Shadowbrak> *Kye* Standard damage and defensive abilities with a few more utility ones such as chasing down an opponent and even intercepting attacks meant for the master. Currently there are 21 abilities ready to go with more being added.
    Pex> Most of the items from the Event Perks will reappear, but we are adding some cool new props such as a crashed transport (really crashed, not just psarking), destroyed podracer, escape pod, etc We are putting in a number of spawnable MOBs of various flavors that you will be able to set the CL. This means you should be able to spawn high-level Tuskens and other MOBS.

Brekkee> *Joakizmo* Will we be able to drop one of the new pets in the house like decoration? Or will they go straight to the datapad as soon as we hatch the egg?
    SOE-Loche> *Joakizmo* No, only pets from pre chapter 6 can be made into decoration. All new beasts go strait from egg to beast.

Brekkee> *Jeram* What professions will make the incubators, I know Structures is final, anyone else needed?
    Blixtev> Structures does the final construction of the incubator however most of the sub components for incubators come from Engineering. There is also an additional 12 items scattered out for refining the Hydrolases enzymes with the final combine for the extraction tool being a Weaponsmith combine.

Brekkee> *[Kettemoor]-Mathayus* Are there any plans to increase the expertise points as more expertise is added? This would be a good way to head back towards the old sandbox playstyle, guys...
    DeadMeat> We do not want everyone to become a full Beastmaster. Players will have to choose how they want to play and what expertise makes sense for that.

Brekkee> *Starbuck1771* why did you allow rancors as pets again after say there would be a pet size limit?
    SOE-Loche> *Starbuck1771* We shrunk the oversized pets down to a more manageable size. Our “beast” rancors will be smaller than their wild counterparts.

Brekkee> *telexx* Greetings. I was wonder if this Beast Master profession will be comparable to the first CH that was pre-CU, or the revamped one you released before removing it. I really hope it's the original version. Thanks for bringing it back regardless...
    Blixtev> The Beast Master system would beat up and take the lunch money away from the old CH system no matter what era the CH system. The team has done a steallar job creating one of the most in depth systems I've seen in an MMO. Just wait until you see it in action.
    Blixtev> Im excited about it as you can tell =)

Brekkee> *Aiviak* Are incubators going to be made different qualities based on resources used, similar to crafting stations? Or will these items all be the same quality. Also, if quality does matter, what will it effect in the outcome of a pet?
    SOE-Loche> *Aiviak* Yes, your resources and components will play a big role in your incubators quality. It will effect the stats and mutation probability.

Brekkee> *Metar* Will the action costs for abilities that use a percent based continue to use the total amount of action or will they be changed to use unmodified action like it was stated they should a while ago?
    SOE-Shadowbrak> *Metar* Beasts have 100 action and the cost of beast abilities are scaled appropriately. The concept is quick drain and quick regeneration.

Brekkee> *vimes* hi all any chance we can get a confermation onbeing able to pull pets in instances (ie vette hk SK ect)
    Teesquared> Currently there are some issues with pets in instances. We are working hard on getting these issues resolved but we cannot guarantee it will make it in Chapter 6.

Brekkee> *vaygirl* Will there be many creatures that do not yeild DNA? For instance, Krayt Dragons and Kimo's... will they be able to be sampled?
    Blixtev: There are many of the "cooler" "rarer" creatures that we have made so they can't be sampled but some of them can be earned through mutations in the incubation process. Try and discover all the mutations! I like exclamation points as you can tell!

Brekkee: *Jiwarri* Will "your mount slows down to prepare for combat" be removed? It's a relic from the time we could actually fight from our mounts and serves no purpose now.
    LECjneri: That’s a bug and I will see if it’s in the database. If its not there, we will add it.

Brekkee: *[Sunrunner]Askikaga* Will Lava Flease Obtained From extracting DNA from them be able to go through lava like the ones obtained as a reward?
    SOE-Loche: *[Sunrunner]Askikaga* Lava Fleas are not currently harvestable.

Brekkee: *Knai_Bria* What new event perks will there be coming with the new story teller feature?
    Pex: The big addition to Storyteller is the ability to spawn attackable mobs and trigger one-time particle effects. You will also be able to move objects in the world similar to inside a house. As for new objects, the aforementioned crashed transport will be available as will the YT-1300, 2400 and more.. We will be adding more items over time.

Brekkee: *Izz* Will any significant updates be made to any other professions on chapter 6?
    LECjneri: There are no other profession changes in 6 outside of Beastmaster, but just wait till you get a chance to play it. As Blix said it really rocks and all players can check it out, the expertise is available for everyone.

Brekkee: *{Ket}Noise* Will pets currently in deed form act the same as those currently in the datapad?
    SOE-Loche: *{Ket}Noise* We intend to have the old BE deeds function exactly the same as the old pets converted into a decoration item

Brekkee: *[Bloodfin]Ledford* We havn't heard much about Story Teller, we can we plan on hearing something about it?
    DeadMeat: We will be having a Friday Feature on Story Teller soon. Suffice it to say that it is a very flexible system for creating cool stories. Most things are world builders can do, you will be able to do.

Brekkee: *Cindal* Must existing pets in the datapad be removed? and if so how soon after C6 hits?
    SOE-Loche: *Cindal* No, you don’t have to convert them. But if you don’t, you cannot play with them in the new system. They will just stay in your datapad.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Brekkee: *Iny* With the options for beastmaster be different with the different Proffesion. Will the Entertainer and Trader ents be different from normal combat proffessions?
    Blixtev: Our plan is over time to add different abilities for the different Professions, so a Medic may have a unique special to train Beasts vs a Trader. Not all our abilities will be combat based either. Our current favorite non combat ability is 'Truffle Pig' , I'm sure you all can't wait to find out what it does...

Brekkee: *[Kettemoor]-Mathayus* How is the Story Teller being classified, expertise, or just abilities?
    Pex: Storyteller is technically item based. Anyone will be able to use Storyteller items. Tokens will be purchased in a similar fashion to the Event Perks. Expertise will not be needed, nor will abilities be put towards this system. We want roleplayers and combat-oriented players to have the ability to set up their own events.

Brekkee: *Jeram* Will mounts be tradeable?
    SOE-Loche: *Jeram* yes, in egg form. Once hatched, the mount is no longer trade-able.

Brekkee: *{Ket}Noise* With the new "sub-class" of Beast Master will we see additional sub-classes like this in the future?
    DeadMeat: I certainly hope Noise...We have Gardener on our list down the road as something we would like to try. There are a ton of opportunities there, and if Beast Master works as well as we hope, I can imagine others being proposed.

Brekkee: *[naritus]pal* Are the pets perma-death or will they be like current pets and when they die they just say in world and get up or like droids and once they die they get packed up
    Tunso: We’d like you to become attached to your beasts so obviously we wouldn’t want to inflict perma-death on them. Anybody that is able to control a beast will be able also be able to revive it should it be more or less killed.
    Tunso: Mechanically speaking though, when your pet dies it will stay a corpse until you take the time to revive it. And only the owner is able to revive it.

Brekkee: *[naritus]cerian* once a pet is fully trained will a player still need to have expertise points in beastmaster
    Blixtev: The power level of the Beast is always relevant to the expertise of the Master. So if you remove your expertise boxes from Beast Master your pets power level will shrink as well. Yes we thought ahead and knew people would try and game the system by leveling the Beasts and returning back to their old profession with ultimate beast power =)

Brekkee: *Cindal* Will specials in existing pets (like disease, dizzy, ranged attack) tranfer with the DNA?
    SOE-Shadowbrak: *Cindal* Abilities from the existing system, even if they have a counterpart in the new system, will not carry over.

Brekkee: *{Ket}Noise* ooooh colors will affect pets? Kind of like color crystals?
    SOE-Loche: *{Ket}Noise* Kind of. The color Hue of your beast will be an indicator towards what type of pet they are. For instance, a warm colored pet was grown to be a more damage-dealing type. The Friday Feature going out tomorrow will explain more about this.

Brekkee: *pirate101* The Housing Purge that will take place on June 5th, is that like a 1 time event like restuss or will it be ongoing to prevent dead structures on servers?
    DeadMeat: We will continue with purges in the future, but it is not a continuous running process and it may not always involve the type of event (the bombers and all) that we are doing for this first one.

Brekkee: *Guest64* What player dropped Npcs and loot can we expect to see with the storyteller additions?
    Pex: We don't want Storyteller to be a system that people exploit.. MOBs are meant to be fun combat encounters and not as a way to grind levels.
    Pex: You can add an item from your inventory to a Storyteller MOB, but normally they will not provide XP or loot. If they did you would just grab tokens and gank mobs in front of your PA hall.

Brekkee: *Duragoth* Will the "Storyteller" event perks be stackible? (or rather to say, will we beable to place one event on top of the other, or will they have to be placed next to eachother like the current event perks)
    Pex: The placement restrictions on Storyteller have been loosened up significantly. We do have to check against you losing an item inside another item.
    Pex: Overall, setting up objects should be much easier and similar to placing items in a house.

Brekkee: *Rieka* Ok Cross breading, insted of just one strand of DNA being able to but 2 or more in (only if they are compatable together) to make even rarer and more unuige creatures?
    SOE-Loche: *Rieka* Cross breading is not planned at this time.

Brekkee: *heightchKETTEMOORDARK* will there be a balance pass on commandos in chapter 6?
    DeadMeat: We have been looking at all of the professions since adding the expertise. We have a number of plans here, but will not do them immediately with Chapter 6. It is best to limit the number of changes you make to a system like this, and we want the focus right now on Beast Master.

Brekkee: *pirate101* Recently, we were given a poll for pve content with majority wanting highend pve ground content, when will we see come new pve content placed into the game eg. new planet, new high end quests etc
    Neif: High end PvE content is definitely something we'll be going for in Chapter 7. As far as next Chapter 6, we're adding a high-end quest series you'll like.

Brekkee: *jedicowboy* will we get a incubator thats low stats to start with?
    Blixtev: I'm am sure every server will have a plethora of Structure Traders willing to get you as many incubators as you want to purchase =)

Brekkee: *Fariq_Asaka* Any hints as to what you have in store for Chapter 7
    DeadMeat: Chapter 7 will reflect what we heard in our polling for sure. In fact I can say that it...ahhh......

Brekkee: *Teege* Will there be a revamp to current wild creature levels? ie.. Will rancors be scary again?
    SOE-Shadowbrak: *Teege* The goal is for a creature to be “scary” for their appropriate challenge level, and not only be somewhat of a challenge when leveled to 90. There are a number of changes in the works that will hopefully make those level 50 Rancor be mighty scary to Level 50 players.

Brekkee: *Anon686* How will level 90 crafter fair if he takes up the full beast master line?
    Blixtev: A full Trader will do okay in combat if he has full Beast Master Expertise if they get the sudden urge while crafting to run outside and blast something. For the most part their custom abilities for Beasts will be tailored towards helping them do what they do best, craft things.

Brekkee: *Rubix3* As far as sampling creatures, with those whose combat lvls are above yours, will there be the reintro of camo kits so you can indeed get the DNA?
    SOE-Loche: *Rubix3* You will be able to sample creatures higher level than you. We are not, currently, reintroducing camo kits.

Brekkee: *avamie* will the story teller be ableto create dungeons to run through? if not, where will they be able to spawn mobs?
    Pex: We do not currently have dungeons or bunkers planned for storyteller. The Storyteller MOBs can be spawned in the wild and in areas where you have zoning rights. Basically, anywhere you can place a house.

Brekkee: That will wrap it up for tonight. I’d like to thank the folks from Star Wars Galaxies for coming! The log for tonight’s chat will be up shortly on http://swg.stratics.com. Thank you all for joining us! You can join #starwars to chat more about the game.
    LECjneri: Thanks everyone for coming and chatting with us tonight. To everyone around the globe, may the force be with you!
    Vapor: Thanks for coming, see you in game!
    SOE-Loche: Thanks for coming out tonight, great questions!
    DeadMeat: Wow...What a great chat folks! A ton of excellent questions. Be sure to watch the TC for Chapter 6 next week and go hammer it! This is a big system and we will be counting on our testers to help us find the right balance. We will be doing a number of features to give you more detailed info.
    Pex: Thanks for all the questions. Come to the Events Forum to discuss player events and Storyteller. Bye all!
    Neif: Thanks everybody, goodbye!
    Blixtev: Thanks for coming out tonight, I hope you all show up next week on Test and Unleash the Beasts!!!
    Teesquared: Farewell all. See you next time!

• Creature Handler war früher am Anfang eine sehr gute Profession.

Scout CH und Marksman.

Bei Base Raids oder Solo Factions Runs war des immer Super.
    Oder in Karawanen losziehen auf nem Bantha und 2 Carrior Spats hinterher.

Oder nen Rankor auspacken.

Später wars dann eher sinnlos. Weil alle anderen Professions viel stärker waren.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Naja, jetzt kann man ja die vorzüge eines CH besser mit einer anderen Profession kombinieren (ganz abgesehen davon, dass das System und die Viecher an sich nun anders aufgebaut werden und somit alte Erfahrungswerte wohl nicht mehr wirklich zählen). Es gibt 2 CH Bäume - grob gesagt einer zur Entwicklung und einer zur Kontrolle des Tieres. Man kann sich auch vollkommen auf die Kontrolle konzentrieren und ein fertiges Tier kaufen. Wird sicher interessant welche Klassen-Kombos da rauskommen.

• zahlt es sich bei dem game noch aus einstusteigen ? hatte vor Jahren mal probiert war aber eher enttäuscht , aber ich denke es hat sich massiv verändert oder ?

• eine frage:
    in der aktuellen consol.at steht etwas von einem möglichen kotor mmorpg von bioware.
    is damit jenes gemeint, wo jemand vor mehreren seiten geschrieben hat dass sony es schon verneint hat?

sry für wirre fragestellung, der tag ist heute sehr lang ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Dani
    eine frage:
    in der aktuellen consol.at steht etwas von einem möglichen kotor mmorpg von bioware.
    is damit jenes gemeint, wo jemand vor mehreren seiten geschrieben hat dass sony es schon verneint hat?

sry für wirre fragestellung, der tag ist heute sehr lang ?(

Ja damit ist jenes gemeint ;)

Wie im dies&das thread bereits geschrieben gibt es das Gerücht schon seit Mitte 2006 als bekannt wurde, dass Bioware eine MMO Abteilung gründet.

Dass Bioware ein MMORPG macht ist also sicher - und ich freue mich auch schon irrsinnig darauf, egal in welchem Univesum es spielt. Bioware hat bisher immer nur Top Qualität geliefert (vor allem mit BG2, KOTOR und Jade Empire - und bald wohl mit Mass Effect). Obs aber wirklich ein KOTOR Online wird kann dir wohl nur ne Kristallkugel verraten. Aber da wir heuer 20 Jahre Star Wars feiern bin ich mir sicher, dass alle derzeitig in Entwicklung befindlichen Star Wars games bei der E3 zumindest angekündigt werden. Dann wissen wir mehr.

Für SWG wärs natürlich alles andere als gut, aber mal abwarten.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von cradeg
    zahlt es sich bei dem game noch aus einstusteigen ? hatte vor Jahren mal probiert war aber eher enttäuscht , aber ich denke es hat sich massiv verändert oder ?

Ja definitiv. Ich hatte ncoh nie so viel Spaß in SWG wie jetzt und bin auch schon seit dem CU dabei.

Ich weiß wieviel Fehelr bei der Usmtellung gemacht wurden, aber das derzeitige Produkt ist über jeden ZWeifel erhaben. Wenn man Star Wars und mmorpgs mag macht man mit SWG sicher nichts falsch. Vor allem wirst abseits der normalen mmorpg Pfade vieles für dich entdecken, dass du so in einem solchen Spiel noch nie machen konntest.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von CoffinDNC

Sony hat afaik nix mit Bioware/KotoR zu tun...

Naja, zumindest nicht direkt, aber als erste Gerüchte zu eine LucasArts/Bioware Kooperation für KOTOR Online aufkamen gaben sich beide, also Lucas Arts und SOE sehr viel Mühe dies zu dementieren. Der Link zwischen SOE und Bioware ist also Lucas Arts :)

Aber das Tehma wird bereits im dies&das thread disskutiert. bleiben wir hier bei SWG.

• Zitat

Original von cradeg
    zahlt es sich bei dem game noch aus einstusteigen ? hatte vor Jahren mal probiert war aber eher enttäuscht , aber ich denke es hat sich massiv verändert oder ?

Musst halt bedenken daß das Game schon einige Jahre am Buggel hat.

Heist:

Alte Swgler sind Schweinereich haben best Items und viele Veteran Award Sachen.

In Sachen Rpg naja ich weiß nicht, da wirst dich durchbeissen müssen.

Sogar in Middletown habens die Cantina mal geschlossen.

Ich würde nichtmehr anfangen bin bei der Beta eingestiegen.

Ausser Du findest ne Gilde die dich gut supporten aber wird eher nicht der Fall sein.

Sogar MDH zieht von Gorath ab weil PvP nichts mehr los ist. Die Imps desinteressiert haben keine Organisation drauf etc.

MDH ist die PVP Gilde auf Lok die so ziehmlich alles bashen was ihnen unter die Finger kommt.
    Ist aber eher ne Radikale Gilde die nehmen sich einfach was sie wollen.

Damals noch lang lang ist es her.
    Waren wir ne Gilde und unser Leader hatte Stress mit MDH und zack habens die halbe Gilde invitet und somit die Gilde zerstört. Die besten rausgefiltert und den Rest gestanzt.

Heute so gesehen warum nicht !
    Sie haben/hatten grosse PvP Erfolge sind Top Informiert.

Nur so ein kleiner inoffizieller Abriss von Gorath

• MDH is scheiße...
    sind einfach extrem dumme leute dabei, teilweise...
    Eldritch is da ein Fall... is 14 oder 15 gwesen und hat über swg teilweise frauen aufreißen wollen oO

naja, ansonsten wars schon ein machtkoloss, aber da gabs noch schlimmere

xXx, wen die dir noch was sagen, auf Rebellen seite
    die andren bieden großen Gilden fallen mir leider nicht mehr ein...
    die PvP mäßig dabei warn

mit LC war ich auch immer pvP drin, genauso wie mit DL, wobei die mehr beim RPn warn :)

aber verhasst sind eifnach sowas wie darkstalker, die man jetzt in LotrO servern sieht :)

lang leben die HdO btw. ;)

• Problem erledigt ... habe nun mit Lotro angefangen und bin begeistert , für mich die richtie Mischung aus WoW und EQ2. Wirkt als Gesamtprodukt sehr polished und macht Spass neues zu entdecken .

Bei SWG habe ich wohl schon zu viel verpasst.

• Offizieller Beitrag

neues Gratisupdate kommt - Kapitel 18:

http://www.buffed.de/news/3889/star-wars-galaxies-kapitel-8

Zitat

Das Update Kapitel 8 für Star Wars Galaxies ist auf dem Testcenter, das zahlreiche Neuerungen für die Piloten bringt. Es kommen beispielsweise vier neue Schiffe, eine Weltall-Kollektion, neue Quests im All, heroische Begegnungen und eine neue Zone mit einer Spieler-Raumstation hinzu. Lead Designer Thomas Blair stand der englischsprachigen Communityseite warcry.com Rede und Antwort zum kommenden Kapitel und geht in dem Interview auf einige neue Inhalte näher ein. Sony Online Entertainment veröffentlichte außerdem im offiziellen Forum die Patchnotizen zu Kapitel 8. Ein Erscheinungstermin ist bisher noch nicht bekannt. Die Chancen stehen aber gut, dass das Update zu Weihnachten auf die Liveserver aufgespielt wird.